Posted by : Unknown Thursday, August 25, 2011





Well, the day that most of us never wanted to see has finally come: Steve Jobs has officially resigned his position as CEO at Apple. As of yesterday Steve had sent out the following letter officially ending his duties as CEO and appointed Tim Cook, the COO of Apple, to position of CEO.

This was the letter he sent out when he announced his change in position.

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Steve Jobs has had medical problems for a long time now and most of us thought the first time around that he would not return from his medical leave back in 2009. Fortunately for everyone, he was able to hold through to give us so much more from Apple. The iPad, the iPhone 4, and many other updates in both hardware and software. To me, I really saw this coming some time soon after he had introduced his new HQ Campus for Apple. He really wanted to pick a time to hand off the company when they had a prime hold on their lineup of products. Now he will finally have some great time to spend with his family.

So last night was definitely a big shock to all of us, myself included, and we simply thought that without the showman at the hull of his ship that Apple may not last long under new management. Well our fears are obviously a little bit over-reacting at first. Then we realized that at most Apple’s stock would take a severe hit and most of us could finally afford stock and become rich when they release a new product. Well, that didn’t even happen either. After a full day on the market with up-turns and down-turns, Apple’s stock barely dropped 3 points. So as of this day I can truly say myself that Apple will most likely be just fine for a very long time. As for Steve Jobs, I wish him the best of luck in his future ventures and that he realizes that even though he is no longer the CEO his legacy will never be forgotten.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Paste the navigation code here

About

- Copyright © 2013 DragonRiderTech -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -